How to make a wall permeable?

In many rooms i can find doors made out of different materilas which are permeable.

How can i create such a permeable wall in world editor?

Hey Traveller,

The key is to select textures that contain the symbol that is in the below screenshot, each of these you can pass through

regards

Dallasbandicam 2020-12-30 09-57-51-708.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hey Dallas, sorry to reopen an old post, what if I need a texture that are visually solid like a brick wall? Is there a way to do that?

Hey Kody,

No unfortunately the list of materials that you can do this with is somewhat limited at this time. The closest you can come is to make several copies of an object (a flat square the size of the entrance typically)  layered using the water to make a curtain, colored dark, to give a "solid" appearance. This sort of works well for a hidden entrance behind a waterfall but thats about it.

If anyone out there has had success using another technique, we would love to hear about it

I happened to visit a shared user world few days ago but I forgot the name of the world. Basically the world is divided into many smaller rooms and partitioned by brick walls, There are no visual entrance as viewed outside from the corridor as the rooms are totally surrounded by brick walls. However there are hidden entrance in each room, you can just keep bumping into the walls until u can pass through it. Actually you can use F5 to locate the entrance as they made the entrance wall thinner than the other walls. The hidden entrances are nothing like door and it doesn't look like they are using the curtain effect.

interesting, I really never had a call to do something like this so I will figure out how they did it and let you know

awww tysm, I just visited another world called [VCRP] Central District 2.0.3, the toilet has wooden door but it won't open like a door, u just walk through it.

using this way, we can make a circle ring similar to a time machine or teleporter and we can just walk through it like ur coming out of the time machine. lol. If u see what I mean.

OK, Got it, tutorial to follow shortly

3 step process, pretty cut and dry...

1) Create a curtain and resize to what you need the opening to be

walkthru1.jpg

2) Flatten the curtain using the Scaling Gizmo

walkthru2.jpg

3) Add whatever texture you want to the modified curtain and use it as a fake wall or walk through doorway

walkthru3.jpg

thats it, just blend it into whatever surface you want, limitations being it has to be a flat surface....

-proof you can teach an ole dog new tricks -

• Thanks 1

This is probably a bug in the object file but it will be our lil secret until we get more textures that don't have pass through blocking built in.